WHAT TO LEARN OUT OF "FLYING KITES "
Yes we are serious and will explain you how there is a lot to learn from flying Kites, and to use it to become a better Retailer.
Makar Sankranti, also known as Sankranti or Makara Sankrant, is one of the highly auspicious days in a Hindu calendar and the day is dedicated to the worship of Lord Surya (Sun God).
Makar Sankranti is the day when the sun enters into the zodiac Capricorn or Makara. On this day people worship the Sun God and take a holy dip at Sangam which is the confluence of the rivers Yamuna, Saraswati and Ganga in Allahabad as it is considered to cleanse one's sins and attain moksha (salvation).
People celebrate it by distributing sweets, and in many parts of the country people celebrate it with flying Kites. Even many Competitions were organised on this occasions and enthusiasts participate from across the nation.
The game of Kite flying must have made many of us go nostalgic. Flying Kites was such a fun that most of us have experienced it at some point or the other.
Through this blog we would like to convey the learning from Flying Kite , i am sure many of you must be wondering on what can be the learnings that we should know at this platform where usually we write about Retail Software solutions, but yes we have extracted few of the points which should be learned as a retailer.
Come let us understand how can we learn different aspects in context to a retail store from the steps involved in KITE flying:
- Pick your kite.---------------------Select the Retail Format you wish to operate in
- Pick the right space--------------Choose the location of your store wisely
- Find a buddy to help OR Help Yourself ------ Get Resources OR Manage yourself
- You should hold the ball of string and have your buddy hold the kite. ---- Job Allocation
- Pay attention to wind direction ------------ Be attentive to Market trend and Customer Preferences
- Release & Pull length of string as needed ----- Optimized use of resources to Balance your business
The other kites in sky are those of competitors who are there to cut your kite in the game and even you must cut the other kites, remember, the more kites you cut, more will be your score!
In retailers context these other kites in the sky were the other retailers in the marketplace as competitors using their own strings (resources) to win and gain more customers. The Way you cut the kites in the game, you must work towards attracting more customers and cutting down your competition.
How to cut kites and your competition
- Skillful resource for flying a KITE -------- Software Solution and Mindset of Store Owner
- Steady KITE (patang) ---------------- Availability of good products and services to offer
- Importantly strong and sharp thread ( Manja)------- Software Solution to Manage Store Operations
As the cutting other kites is required to win the game of kite flying, the same way handling competition and serving customers to become a market leader in your domain requires efficient and effective use of resources.
It is important that the mind set of retailers must changes and adapt to the software solutions for the smooth and efficient functioning of stores.
The Software Solutions in itself makes a huge difference in optimizing resources and customer retention.
RetailGraph is the best software solution for Retail Stores and chains, and it helps you to win customers and reduce your cost through multiple features and benefits like:
- Fast Billing Process using Bar Codes
- Available in both online & offline modes
- Automate inventory and purchase Management
- Sales Promotions handling
- Payment options for Cash, Credit Card, Cheque
- VAT & Central Sales Tax Handling
- User Defined Day Books & Graphical Reports
- Complete MIS View & Reporting
- Complete Accounting upto Balance Sheet
- Export reports to Excel/Text/PDF Formats
- Sell in Kg/Mtr/Ltr/Sq.Ft./Pcs/Loose
- Loyalty card & coupons
- Weighing Machine handling
- Option to bill for services
- Product Conversion
- Virtual Item/Kits Definition
- Multiple Stock & Sales Locations
- Fast, efficient & personalized services to Customers
- Plan marketing strategy based on sales trends
- Track consumer preferences & detail purchase history
- Access, analyze and share data across the chain
- Protect your investment with rich support and maintenance offerings
- Reduce Investment on Inventory
- Lower Operating Cost
- Effective Control over pilferage
- Effective centralized control at HO
RetailGraph as a Retail Store Software is best suited for:
Departmental Store ; Readymade Garments Store ; FMCG / Cosmetic DistributorElectronics / Mobile Store ; Jewellery Store ; Hardware / Sanitary Stores ;Shoes & Sports Stores ; Books / Music Stores ; Gift Item Stores ; Home Furnishing Stores; Pharmaceutical Store ; Homoeopathy Store, Saloons; Restaurants; Gifts Store; Auto Parts Store; Liquor Store; FMCG Store.
Hope you liked the POST. HAPPY KITE FLYING
SoftWorld (India) Pvt. Ltd.
21, Sunder Market,
Near SMS Hospital, Jaipur-302004
Ph: +91-141-2577600 (5 Lines) * Fax: 2571882
Cust. Care Center: +91-141-2577603 (2 Lines)
Web : www.retailg.com